Translate AMICOR contents if you like

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bernard Lown: Avoidable Care


Social Responsibility of Physicians

Bernard Lown, MD
Address presented at
Avoiding avoidable Care Conference 
April 26, 2012
Essay 29
Introduction
  • Ever since starting clinical practice 62 years ago I have looked forward to this conference. Mercifully, good fortune and good genes enable me to attend.  From my earliest days in medicine I have struggled against the prevailing model of healthcare. My opposition in part was provoked by the growing prevalence of overtreatment. Resort to excessive interventions seemed to be the illegitimate child of technology in the age of market medicine. If more than a half century ago overtreatment was at a trickle pace, it is now at flood tide./.../

No comments: