Translate AMICOR contents if you like

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

World according different variables

How We Share the World

July 17, 2015
This interactive graphic shows how the world is divided according to six different socioeconomic variables. The land area of each country represents its share of the worldwide total.

Click on a circle to reshape the map

I have been having fun experimenting with cartograms lately. As maps go, they have their shortcomings. But when it comes to communicating magnitude, I think they are much more effective than maps that do so with color alone.
For more information about what a cartogram is, have a look at my last two posts, The Housing Value of Every County in the U.S. and A Striking Perspective on New York City Property Values.
For this map, I looked at several different socioeconomic variables to include. I went with these six because I thought they each revealed something interesting about the world./.../
For attribution and data sources, scroll to the bottom.

No comments: