Translate AMICOR contents if you like

Friday, January 26, 2018

Sex Differences

New post on Mind Hacks

Debating Sex Differences: Talk transcript

by tomstafford
A talk I gave titled "Debating Sex Differences in Cognition: We Can Do Better" now has a home on the web.
The pages align a rough transcript of the talk with the slides, for your browsing pleasure.
Mindhacks.com readers will recognise many of the slides, which started their lives as blog posts. The full series is linked from this first post: Gender brain blogging. The whole thing came about because I was teaching a graduate discussion class on Cordelia Fine's book, and then Andrew over at psychsciencenotes invited me to give a talk about it.
Here's a bit from the introduction:
I love Fine's book. I think of it as a sort of Bad Science but for sex differences research. Part of my argument in this talk is that Fine's book, and reactions to it, can show us something important about how psychology is conducted and interpreted. The book has flaws, and some people hate it, and those things too are part of the story about the state of psychological research.
More here
tomstafford | January 26, 2018 at 6:25 pm | Categories: gender | URL: https://wp.me/ptsTD-8Ut
Comment   See all comments

No comments: