Translate AMICOR contents if you like

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Buddha quotations

If applied, they will change your mind forever.


Sinem Günel

Feb 7 · 8 min read

Lately, I shared an article with my favorite quotes from Confucius and how to apply them in my daily life.
As that article received many positive comments, I decided to compile a few more similar posts, sharing favourite quotes from ancient philosophers, successful entrepreneurs, and my idols.
I personally love quotes. I regularly change my phone and laptop display to new quotes that inspire me, I write them down in my journals, I have them on my vision board, and at home, we even have them all over our walls and doors.
I especially admire philosophical quotes from people who lived hundreds or even thousands of years ago. At first sight, most of their quotes are inspiring, yet, once you start reflecting, you realize how profound these lessons are.

“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” 

"Don’t respond to rudeness. When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are. Don’t take it personally. Be silent.”

“Judge nothing, you will be happy. Forgive everything, you will be happier. Love everything, you will be happiest.”

“It is better to travel well than to arrive.”

 


“Remembering a wrong is like carrying a burden on the mind.”

“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” — Buddha

“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot at least, we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.”


“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”



No comments: